1.1A person who arranges concert or club engagements for performers.
- It is not enough to practice a bit and lounge about waiting for the booking agents to arrange another triumphal concert tour.
- When you want to get into a club that hasn't seen you before, the booking agent for that club is going to ask the other comics he trusts if you're any good.
- The club's booking agents are organising and compering a series of fund-raising events.
1.2A person who makes travel arrangements for clients.
- We are inviting our customers to make contact with their travel agent or the booking agent and to prepare for possible delays.
- Once in Sudan every visitor has to pay a local Port Tax of US $170 (though the amount does change, so check with your booking agent before travelling).
- They're like travel magazines, guidebooks and booking agents, all in one.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: book·ing a·gent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.