Definition of bookkeeping in English:
The activity or occupation of keeping records of the financial affairs of a business.
- An accountant friend may offer bookkeeping advice and associates in the investment community may help raise funds.
- Do you think there is any advantage to using commercially available bookkeeping / finance software in a small business?
- It encompasses all financial issues, marketing, office management, bookkeeping, and billing.
- Example sentences
- A key issue facing many firms is whether non-exempt employees, such as non-certified accountants or bookkeepers, are being paid overtime.
- Many small businesses lack accounting departments or full-time bookkeepers; many entrepreneurs keep the most important financial and legal details in their heads.
- Offices hummed as clerks and secretaries, executives and middle managers, accountants and bookkeepers scurried to attend their burgeoning enterprises.
Words that rhyme with bookkeepinggoalkeeping
Definition of bookkeeping in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan