Definition of booklouse in English:
noun (plural booklice)
A minute insect that typically has reduced or absent wings and often lives in books or papers, where it feeds on mold.
- Liposcelidae and related families in the order Psocoptera: many species
- The presence of booklice can be quite an annoyance; however, they rarely cause significant damage to items.
- The indoor ones, such as the booklouse are wingless, and can scrape away at books and other organic material.
- Psocids or booklice are common but harmless insects between 1 mm and 2 mm long, which can survive in dry powdery foods.
Definition of booklouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.