noun (plural booklice)
- A minute insect that typically has reduced or absent wings and often lives in books or papers, where it feeds on mold.
More example sentences
- Liposcelidae and related families in the order Psocoptera: many species
- The presence of booklice can be quite an annoyance; however, they rarely cause significant damage to items.
- The indoor ones, such as the booklouse are wingless, and can scrape away at books and other organic material.
- Psocids or booklice are common but harmless insects between 1 mm and 2 mm long, which can survive in dry powdery foods.
More definitions of booklouseDefinition of booklouse in:
- The British & World English dictionary