A person who sells books, especially as the owner or manager of a bookstore.
- The publisher would not reveal the size of its initial print run but said it was forced to publish a second edition with some booksellers quickly selling out.
- Such books are sold through small booksellers, who are not accountable to any sales laws and who do not care for business ethics.
- Aiming to tap this holiday mood, a number of publishers and booksellers are organising book exhibitions in the city.
- Example sentences
- However, in order to get an edge in sales, alternative means of book selling must be employed.
- Here's a summary history of bookselling in the U.S.
- Collins had a secure place in the world of bookselling.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of bookseller in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.