- 1The activity of keeping records of accounts: the bookwork has a tendency to pile up if I don’t keep on top of itMore example sentences
- Mr. Reidy said: ‘The Honorary Secretary has to do the normal bookwork with any small business.’
- There were so many problems on top of brewing, selling and bookwork.
- Get onto the numbers and the procedures, the checks, all the bookwork.
- 2The studying of textbooks, as opposed to practical work: he concentrates mainly on the flying, but the heavy bookwork is in there tooMore example sentences
- She did three hours of bookwork in the study everyday, then moved onto her next lessons for an hour.
- He decided to implement a new approach to Maori education by drawing energy into farming as well as bookwork.
- Once done with my science worksheet and Advanced Algebra bookwork, I glanced at my clock and realized that it was only 8: 30.
More definitions of bookworkDefinition of bookwork in:
- The British & World English dictionary