Definition of boomslang in English:
A large, highly venomous southern African tree snake, the male of which is bright green and the female dull olive brown.
- Dispholidus typus, family Colubridae
- And to honey badgers, cobras and large-eyed tree snakes called boomslangs, the nest is a dependable larder.
- He added that while the majority of snakes in our area are non-venomous, the ones people should worry about are the boomslangs, puffadders and night adders.
- Some boomslangs and Cape cobras appear to live for months on nothing but weaver eggs and chicks, and will even curl up in a nest and make it their home.
Words that rhyme with boomslangstrap-hang • ylang-ylang
Definition of boomslang in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.