nounchiefly North American
- The enthusiastic promotion of a person, organization, or cause: a barrage of boosterism about the wonderful recreation facilitiesMore example sentences
- Younger editors, however, were also more likely to support boosterism, a practice that has tarnished the image of sports departments.
- We've never encountered such boosterism from a mainstream journalist before.
- Meanwhile, the fleet footed and well connected have profited from surging exports, a bubbly urban real estate market and, occasionally, government boosterism.
More definitions of boosterismDefinition of boosterism in:
- The British & World English dictionary