Definition of bootie in English:
noun (plural booties)
1A soft shoe, typically knitted, worn by a baby.
- We also include our golf shoe bootie or baby golf hat with all of our infant outfits.
- They get her footprints, and they dress her in a tiny, yellow lace gown, complete with matching booties and a yellow knit cap.
- I think Grandma was knitting her booties again.
1.1Any soft, socklike shoe.
- Had I been following celebrity protocol, this might have taken some time - Paris Hilton, after all, dresses her chihuahua, Tinkerbell, in bubblegum-pink booties with a matching diamanté-encrusted collar.
- Police in Northumbria have issued their Alsatians with the latest in crime-fighting equipment - canine booties.
- The dogs love the snow, for obvious and less obvious reasons - it gives them a chance to show off their cute booties, in the latest style.
2A protective shoe or lining for a shoe.
- The bootie has an outsole for improved traction that utilizes a screen rubber pattern identical to the main shoe's outsole.
- His wound opened, and he was not given booties to even protect his infected and swollen foot.
- Finally, scuba booties will protect your feet from the sun and chafing from your fins, and will come in handy for launching and landing your kayak.
3A woman’s short boot.
- Not your typical galoshes, the slick rubber booties have an adorable white heel and are less about puddle-splashing, more about stylish strolls in the mist.
- I mean, did they really think they could, just by stamping their million-dollar booties on the ground like some pampered rich man's son, get the sympathy of the country?
- Those boxing booties are the bad kind of sport-fashion fusion.
Definition of bootie in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan