noun[usually as modifier]
- A low-melting-point glass made from a mixture of silica and boric oxide (B2O3).More example sentences
- The region of the TLC lane containing the corticosterone was scraped and the silica collected into a borosilicate glass tube.
- Some well-known borosilicate glasses are Jena, Pyrex, Durax, and Thermoglass.
- The aliquots of lipids were placed into borosilicate glass tubes, dried with an argon stream, and kept under vacuum for at least 2 h to remove the remains of chloroform.
More definitions of borosilicateDefinition of borosilicate in:
- The British & World English dictionary