Relating to plants: botanical specimens a botanical illustrator
More example sentences
- The botanical specimens went to various herbaria at Harvard University.
- Around 1900 a fungus came into the country on a shipment of botanical specimens from Japan.
- What about the botanical specimens he studied while traipsing around the Imperial grounds in a suit, tie and rubber boots?
A substance obtained from a plant and used as an additive, especially in gin or cosmetics.
- Included under the act's definition of dietary supplements are such widely divergent substances as vitamins, minerals, herbs or other botanicals, amino acids or any extract or combination of them.
- Recent interest in alternatives to traditional synthetic pesticides has resulted in numerous products containing botanicals, oils, soaps and microbial materials.
- Many useful drugs are botanicals derived from plants.
- Example sentences
- Although Europeans settled this county in the early 1800's, it has not been carefully and thoroughly studied botanically.
- Rockingham County, located in northwestern Virginia, is the third largest county in the state and is botanically rich and diverse.
- The drawings are simple, lovely, and botanically accurate.
Words that rhyme with botanicalBrahmanical, mechanical, puritanical, sanicle, tyrannical
Definition of botanical in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.