- Study plants, especially in their natural habitat: I’d always be scheming to go off birdwatching or botanizingMore example sentences
- In the late 1800's and early 1900's, botanists would travel by excursion boat down the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. to Marshall Hall and spend the day botanizing in nearby habitats.
- The group began botanizing along the cobblestone sidewalks along 110 Street in the northwest section of the park.
- Late September is one of the best times for roadside botanizing in the Pine Barrens.
mid 18th century: from modern Latin botanizare, from Greek botanizein 'gather plants', from botanē 'plant'.
More definitions of botanizeDefinition of botanize in:
- The British & World English dictionary