- 1An aquatic creature that feeds at the bottom of a body of water.More example sentences
- These fish are primarily bottom feeders and are aided in food finding by sensitive sensory papillae on their lips.
- Some swellsharks are sluggish bottom feeders that prey on dead or sleeping fish or crustaceans.
- For the most part cryptically marked bottom feeders, many clinids change color near spawning time.
- 2North American • informal Someone who profits from things cast off or left over by others.More example sentences
- In effect, the company has been taken over by its bankers who have signalled that they are not always prepared to sell off ailing investments for a pittance to the bottom feeders now gorging themselves on the corpses of failed companies.
- Question is: will the mobile operator launch with a Vodafone Lite brand - or trawl for bottom feeders with a virtual mobile operator in tow?
- His was a bottom feeder bargain basement operation.
More definitions of bottom feederDefinition of bottom feeder in:
- The British & World English dictionary