- A rich, spicy stew or soup made with various kinds of fish, originally from Provence.More example sentences
- There are four items that are ‘of the day’: ceviche, escovitch (a Jamaican whole fish in a tart, spicy sauce), bouillabaisse, and soup.
- I refresh myself after a day in the train with a marvellously spicy bouillabaisse (fish stew) in the elegant, vaulted Les Arcenaulx, one of many atmospheric harbour-side restaurants.
- The firm flesh of weevers gives them a useful role in bouillabaisse and other fish soups.
French, from modern Provençal bouiabaisso 'boil down'.
More definitions of bouillabaisseDefinition of bouillabaisse in:
- The British & World English dictionary