adjective (bouncier, bounciest)
- 1Bouncing well: a bouncy ballMore example sentences
- My favourite balancing exercise is to throw a bouncy ball off a wall with your good hand, catch it with your weaker hand, then throw it with your weaker hand and catch it with your good hand.
- It began when a band struck up the opening hymn and a huge screen unfurled with a little bouncy ball popping across the words so everyone could sing along.
- Then we did some things on a big bouncy ball that looked like it had wandered in from the set of the 1970s children's series Playaway.
- 1.1Resilient; springy: that bouncy artificial grassMore example sentences
- With the tourniquet appropriately tied, a good vein should feel resilient or slightly bouncy when palpated slowly.
- This is real lamb, those fluffy little bouncy, springy, cute, two week old ones.
- That's one of those bouncy chairs on a spring that you affix to the top of a door.
- 1.2(Of a person) confident and lively: she was still the girl he remembered, bouncy and full of lifeMore example sentences
- She's as bouncy and lively as anyone this side of Reese Witherspoon.
- It's been fun having her around, as she is a very nice bouncy person.
- Far from being an aloof maestro that one associates with top performers, he was a delightfully bouncy man with a tremendous sense of humour.
- 1.3(Of music) having a jaunty rhythm: the bouncy cheerfulness of polkaMore example sentences
- Graceful moray eels, deadly great white sharks, playful porpoises, and tiny crabs show up along the way, all to the enchanting tune of Serra's bouncy music score.
- In 1923, a number of foreign and Chinese owned radio stations in the city began to broadcast jazz for their listeners and the bouncy music was being played in the foreign clubs and cafes.
- Dialogue, effects and David Newman's bouncy music score were all clear of any distortion or hiss.
- 1.4(Of the hair) in good condition; having bounce: hair with shiny, bouncy curlsMore example sentences
- Her dark brown hair was bouncy and alive, curling up at her shoulders.
- Her usual bouncy hair was flat, and there were black lines on her cheeks where tears had washed away her makeup.
- Six foot four with a mop of bouncy hair, he has the imposing build and cherubic face of John Goodman.
- More example sentences
- Their production is bouncily performed, and contains several strong moments.
- Martins's Burleske, set to Richard Strauss's bouncily Romantic early work Burleske in D Minor for Piano and Orchestra, almost seemed like a Valentine Day's gift to his wife, one of the lead dancers.
- Price's staging brings it all bouncily together.
- More example sentences
- Instead, she was all jolliness and bounciness and big smiles.
- I'd flip through it, letting my eyes enjoy the bounciness and chic of it.
- To be stamped ‘official’ in accordance with the International Tennis Federation, a ball must meet rigid specifications for deformation and bounciness.