A straight whiskey distilled from a mash having at least 51 percent corn in addition to malt and rye.
- Of course, the menu also offers an extension selection of cognacs, single malts, bourbons and other whiskies, together with beer and wine suggestions.
- Furnished in much red velvet plush, it's dark and decadent with a stunning choice of whiskies and bourbon.
- Nearly all rum is aged in used oak barrels once used to mature bourbon or other whiskies.
Mid 19th century: named after Bourbon County, Kentucky, where it was first made.
The surname of a branch of the royal family of France. The Bourbons ruled France from 1589, when Henry IV succeeded to the throne, until the monarchy was overthrown in 1848, and reached the peak of their power under Louis XIV in the late 17th century. Members of this family have also been kings of Spain (1700–1931 and since 1975).
Words that rhyme with Bourbonauburn
1US A reactionary.
- Some historians say populism failed because southern Bourbons were able to exploit racial fears and antagonisms and thus split the movement in half in its core region.
- It was, according to one observer, ‘part of the old feud between the Bourbon and the Redneck.’
- While he and a substantial minority opposed the use of force in America, the majority rallied to the government and this increased when the absolutist Bourbon powers intervened.
2 (also Bourbon rose) A rose of a variety that flowers over a long period and has a rich scent. It arose as a natural hybrid on the island of Réunion (formerly Île de Bourbon) and was introduced into Europe in the early 19th century.
- Rosa × borboniana, a hybrid of Rosa chinensis and R. damascena, family Rosaceae
- Given the study name ‘Fairmount Proserpine,’ the charmer is very likely an early Bourbon rose, quite possibly the rare cultivar ‘Proserpine’ introduced in 1841.
- If you're looking for a medium-sized bush for borders, four-foot-tall Madame Isaac Pereire, a blowsy Bourbon rose with arching canes full of opulent purplish-pink flowers is deliciously fragrant and reblooms throughout the summer.
- If you've seen Victorian wallpaper scattered with fullblown roses then you know what a Bourbon rose looks like.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.