Definition of bowling in English:
1The game of tenpin bowling as a sport or recreation.
- The exhausted candidate decided to unwind with a midnight game of ten-pin bowling and asked Klein to join him.
- Adare Active Retirement Association will hold ten pin bowling at the Bowling Centre, Ennis Road this Thursday.
- They will first visit the National Aquatic Centre in Abbotstown, followed by ten pin bowling in Blanchardstown.
1.1The game of candlepin or duckpin bowling.
1.2The game of lawn bowling.
- Another popular traditional Irish sport is road bowling (played mostly in County Cork).
- This classy joint is located in a sport, bowling and leisure club at Bukit Gading Mediterania, parts of which are still under construction.
- Putting paid to the myth that bowling is a sport for older people, Girl Guides from Ripon tried out the flat green at the Spa Gardens.
1.3The game of skittles.
- Bickershaw batted first but, as has been the case all summer, Wythenshawe's superb bowling saw them skittled out for just 84.
- It would have involved bowling frozen turkeys down the ice at skittles.
- This float looks like a miniature skittle seen in a bowling lane.
2 Cricket The delivery of the ball.
- The Laws of Cricket and the ICC playing regulations both prohibit the bowling of underarm deliveries.
- Stroking the ball well when it was full, Youhana milked the bowling for runs.
- Azhar made a brave move asking Mohanty to open the bowling along with Srinath and it paid off handsomely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan