- 1The game of tenpin bowling as a sport or recreation.More example sentences
- The exhausted candidate decided to unwind with a midnight game of ten-pin bowling and asked Klein to join him.
- Adare Active Retirement Association will hold ten pin bowling at the Bowling Centre, Ennis Road this Thursday.
- They will first visit the National Aquatic Centre in Abbotstown, followed by ten pin bowling in Blanchardstown.
- 1.2The game of lawn bowling.More example sentences
- Another popular traditional Irish sport is road bowling (played mostly in County Cork).
- This classy joint is located in a sport, bowling and leisure club at Bukit Gading Mediterania, parts of which are still under construction.
- Putting paid to the myth that bowling is a sport for older people, Girl Guides from Ripon tried out the flat green at the Spa Gardens.
- 1.3The game of skittles.More example sentences
- Bickershaw batted first but, as has been the case all summer, Wythenshawe's superb bowling saw them skittled out for just 84.
- It would have involved bowling frozen turkeys down the ice at skittles.
- This float looks like a miniature skittle seen in a bowling lane.
- 2 Cricket The delivery of the ball.More example sentences
- The Laws of Cricket and the ICC playing regulations both prohibit the bowling of underarm deliveries.
- Stroking the ball well when it was full, Youhana milked the bowling for runs.
- Azhar made a brave move asking Mohanty to open the bowling along with Srinath and it paid off handsomely.
More definitions of bowlingDefinition of bowling in:
- The British & World English dictionary