noun[treated as singular]
- 1 British term for lawn bowling.More example sentences
- Other variants such as carpet bowls and indoor bowls have been popular at one time or another.
- It is the role of the shooters to hit and move the cochonnet to their team's advantage, in much the same way as you would move the jack in lawn bowls.
- The Kalbarri Golf Club was founded in 1969 and in 1980, members of the club also installed two greens so that lawn bowls could also be played.
- 1.1British Tenpin bowling or skittles.More example sentences
- They and their guests went straight from the marriage ceremony to AMF Bowling, in Keighley, for a game of ten-pin bowls!
- The councillor who strongly supported adding a ten-pin bowling alley and indoor bowls to the Pickaquoy Centre has given up his fight.
- To escape the downpour, they played ten pin bowls at the local alley, after which the rain cleared for a bushwalk on the last day.
More definitions of bowlsDefinition of bowls in:
- The British & World English dictionary