1A seat in a box in a theater or sports stadium.
- I had been up in Bert's favorite seat, the box seat closest to the stage the right of the stage, watching your angelic self read silently.
- The two octagonal platforms - one open, the other covered - are Connected by a slender bridge and stair to form an elegant box seat for a particularly operatic water view.
- Every home game he maneuvers his classic Volkswagen bug down to the ballgame, finds his mid-mob box seat, and enjoys imagining himself in the game.
2 historical A coachman’s seat.
- Her disheveled head appeared, and with the wagon shaking precariously, she managed to climb out onto the box seat.
- Jonathan had caught the edge of the wagon box, but as he pulled on it, trying to climb back up onto the box seat, the wagon began to tip.
Definition of box seat in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.