- An American maple of damp soils that has leaves resembling the ash and green or purplish twigs.
More example sentences
- Acer negundo, family Aceraceae
- The floodplains contained cottonwood, willow, box elder, and soft maple.
- Floodplain forest is thick with green ash, American elm, sycamore, cottonwood, and silver maple, with box elder near the water's edge.
- In its natural state pin oak is found growing with red maple, green ash, box elder, sweet gum, and elm.
More definitions of box elderDefinition of box elder in:
- The British & World English dictionary