Definition of bra in English:
1An undergarment worn by women to support the breasts.
- Underwear makers promote support bras made without an underwire, as even a small bit of metal can trigger a sensitive alarm.
- She doesn't just sell her underwear, though: slips, bras, body stockings, and socks are all hot sellers.
- To avoid severe chaffing, endurance athletes should look for bras that are seamless.
1.1 (also auto bra or car bra) North American A carbon-based cover that fits over the front bumper of a car.
- Make sure that the car bra you purchase is for the specific make and model of your vehicle.
- It comes from the same place that gave the world pet psychiatrists, pet rocks and car bras.
1930s: abbreviation of brassiere.
- Example sentences
- Under a thin, blue turtleneck, she appears to be braless.
- Obviously going braless, her breasts seemingly defy gravity, a testimony to her plastic surgeon's wonderful skills.
- However, you should go braless for a few hours every day just so the breasts aren't restricted.
Words that rhyme with braaargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, barre, bazaar, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, commissar, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, galah, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, ha-ha, Halacha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, noir, objet d'art, pa, pah, Panama, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah
Definition of bra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia