- 1An ornamental band, hoop, or chain worn on the wrist or arm.More example sentences
- Usually, a woman also accessorizes with a bracelet, ring and necklace to go along with a brooch.
- I gelled my hair and then put on some rings, a bracelet, necklace, and earrings.
- Exhibits include locally found Roman jewellery, among which is a bracelet and bronze brooch.
- 1.1 (bracelets) • informal Handcuffs.More example sentences
- Very shortly, the officer who had handcuffed Jim removed the bracelets and offered an apology.
- Moments later, the officer was again slapping a pair of handcuffs on the 23-year-old man, who had apparently just slipped free from bracelets another officer had snapped around his wrists 16 hours earlier.
- Laguna Beachs most infamous bad boy got yet another set of matching silver bracelets slapped on his wrists a few days ago, this time for trespassing and assault.
late Middle English: from Old French, from bras 'arm', from Latin bracchium.