Definition of bracken in English:
1A tall fern with coarse lobed fronds that occurs worldwide and can cover large areas.
- Pteridium aquilinum, family Dennstaedtiaceae (or Hypolepidaceae)
- The other especially weedy fern is bracken, which also unusually for pteridophytes has vessels.
- Penn Common is a rolling meadow of tall bracken, moss and the odd thicket of birch trees.
- With Ian massaging his arm, John collecting handfuls of stones to throw at the snake and Tim stripping the leaflets from a frond of bracken, they made their way through the undergrowth to the small pond.
Words that rhyme with brackenblacken, slacken
Definition of bracken in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan