noun (plural brainchildren)• informal
- An idea or invention considered to be a particular person’s creation: the statue is the brainchild of a local landscape artistMore example sentences
- However, as the idea is the brainchild of the council's new chairman, it is likely to receive the board's backing.
- Creative Commons is the brainchild of cyberlaw and intellectual property experts in the United States.
- The idea was the brainchild of a Dutch company which is currently filming a documentary in Montserrat.
More definitions of brainchildDefinition of brainchild in:
- The British & World English dictionary