- A broad, very short cylinder attached to a wheel, against which the brake shoes press in a drum brake.More example sentences
- This is particularly troubling because the recalls affect a combined total of over 351,000 vehicles, including 260,390 in which there is a possibility of rear wheel and brake drum assemblies separating from vehicles.
- The man was driving on the M62 at Pontefract on Monday morning when a wheel, together with brake drum and tyre, came off his lorry.
- The brake pad and brake shoe are movable from a disengaged position, where the brake pad is spaced apart from the brake drum to an engaged position, where the pad is in forcible engagement with the brake drum.
More definitions of brake drumDefinition of brake drum in:
- The British & World English dictionary