noun (plural same)
- The available power of an engine, assessed by measuring the force needed to brake it: the net brake horsepower is only up by sixMore example sentences
- Seventy-five percent power will require about 2,450 rpm with a brake-specific fuel consumption of .435 pounds per brake horsepower.
- The most powerful car in the race has an undisclosed output of between 300 or 400 brake horsepower.
- This event had the best profile any single stage has ever seen so nobody could predict a winner and there was almost 2,500 brake horsepower in the top ten alone.
More definitions of brake horsepowerDefinition of brake horsepower in:
- The British & World English dictionary