Definition of brand name in English:
1A name given by the maker to a product or range of products, especially a trademark.
- They have a bigger co-pay for the brand-name product, and a still higher co-pay for the most expensive drug.
- Companies will continue to advertise their brand-name products to the hilt.
- Not one was a brand-name drug produced by a big pharmaceutical company!
1.1A familiar or widely known name: [as modifier]: younger writers who clamber toward brand-name status
More example sentences
- Under this interpretation, brand name is at least as important as Web site domain name.
- Another weakness typical of our time is to turn an artist's best-known work into a kind of brand name.
- It goes without saying that you'll have to pay a premium for its uniqueness and brand name.
Definition of brand name in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan