- A metal implement that is heated and used to brand livestock or (especially formerly) criminals or slaves.More example sentences
- Later Charley and my husband heated branding irons and burned as many brands as they could remember all over the logs.
- The slave trade is also explored through a selection of sometimes harrowing photographs: a coffle chain with shackles, the Cape Coast dungeon doors in Ghana, and a slave branding iron.
- To get the best brands, we hold the cooled branding irons on the hide for 60 seconds.
More definitions of branding ironDefinition of branding iron in:
- The British & World English dictionary