nounNorth American • informal
- A brawl or violent argument.More example sentences
- He remembered a violent brannigan they'd had because he'd kidded her cruelly one night about her ‘rust-proof furniture’.
- We had a brannigan about this at the Caughey home one night.
- The youngs and the olds have different opinions, so they can have a brannigan.
late 19th century: of unknown origin; perhaps from the surname Brannigan.
More definitions of branniganDefinition of brannigan in:
- The British & World English dictionary