noun (plural same or brants)North American
- A small goose with a mainly black head and neck, breeding in the arctic tundra of Eurasia and Canada.
More example sentences
- Branta bernicla, family Anatidae
- An internal hinge, spring loaded with a rubber band, made the wings quiver in the wind, giving the illusion of a live brant.
- Female brant are strongly philopatric to their location of birth, as is true for other geese.
- Up to 60,000 geese, especially the northern or black brant, summer here.
More definitions of brantDefinition of brant in:
- The British & World English dictionary