Definition of brant in English:
noun (plural same or brants)North American
A small goose with a mainly black head and neck, breeding in the arctic tundra of Eurasia and Canada.
- Branta bernicla, family Anatidae
- An internal hinge, spring loaded with a rubber band, made the wings quiver in the wind, giving the illusion of a live brant.
- Female brant are strongly philopatric to their location of birth, as is true for other geese.
- Up to 60,000 geese, especially the northern or black brant, summer here.
Words that rhyme with brantant, Brabant, Brandt, cant, enceinte, extant, gallant, Kant, levant, pant, pointe, pointes, rant, scant
Definition of brant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan