noun (plural brasseries)
- An informal restaurant, especially one in France or modeled on a French one and with a large selection of drinks.More example sentences
- For more informal meetings, there is also the lobby lounge with an open terrace overlooking the boulevard, the French and international brasseries, or L' Olivier Restaurant offering cuisines from south-east France.
- Tofu is to this peculiar style of restaurant what frites are to a French brasserie.
- There's been a resurgence in steakhouses at clubs, pubs, brasseries and restaurants.
mid 19th century: French, originally 'brewery', from brasser 'to brew'.
More definitions of brasserieDefinition of brasserie in:
- The British & World English dictionary