Definition of brassica in English:
A plant of a genus that includes cabbage, turnip, Brussels sprout, and mustard.
- Genus Brassica, family Brassicaceae
- I planted these three brassicas (members of the cabbage family) next to each other.
- This year we're experimenting with more fall brassicas like radish, mustard and rape.
- Indoors, start some lettuce, early brassicas (cabbage, broccoli and relatives), and bulb onions from seed.
Early 19th century: Latin, literally 'cabbage'.
Definition of brassica in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.