nounderogatory or , humorous
A child, typically a badly behaved one.
- I've helped bring up the brats children of friends etc., although obviously that's no real comparison with the real thing.
- But the all-out award for nauseating singing has to go to the demonic brats who attend England Schoolboy matches.
- They will boycott classes and become violent at the flimsiest of excuses and generally behave like spoilt brats.
badly behaved child, spoiled child;
rascal, wretch, imp, scamp, scapegrace, whippersnapper;
informal monster, horror, hellion
- Example sentences
- ‘I was a very brattish child who needed something to do,’ he says.
- The 25-year-old has revitalised a team that was beginning to show its age, and with this a certain jaundice, before the breathtaking pace and ability that are wrapped up in his bold and brattish approach began to be felt.
- It might seem brattish to some, but I was young, in London and ready to party.
- Example sentences
- All too often, John serves up a kind of tantrummy brattishness, laced with a considerable dollop of self-pity.
- She is especially vigilant for the first signs of the brattishness that sometimes afflicts children.
- All those years of brattishness are finally showing up on your face.
Mid 16th century.
Words that rhyme with bratat, bat, cat, chat, cravat, drat, expat, fat, flat, frat, gat, gnat, hat, hereat, high-hat, howzat, lat, mat, matt, matte, Montserrat, Nat, outsat, pat, pit-a-pat, plait, plat, prat, Rabat, rat, rat-tat, Sadat, sat, scat, Sebat, shabbat, shat, skat, slat, spat, splat, sprat, stat, Surat, tat, that, thereat, tit-for-tat, vat, whereat
A bratwurst sausage: burgers, fries, ribs, brats, potato salad, pies—you name it, this spread had it
More example sentences
- This is a fun flick to watch with your favorite Oktoberfest beer and a brat.
- I took some pictures, grilled some brats, drank some beer and went to sleep.
- I had originally wanted to have brats, so I made those yesterday.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.