- 1Physical strength in contrast to intelligence: commando work required as much brain as brawnMore example sentences
- Their strength and brawn have always put Tipp off a bit.
- I suddenly saw these guys around me gaining this muscle, strength, and brawn.
- On exams that measure brawn and physical aptitude, your score is not fixed - it can improve over time.
- 2British Meat from a pig’s or calf’s head that is cooked and pressed in a pot with jelly.More example sentences
- Medieval English pork recipes included pies, brawn, and little rissoles.
- The principal part of the pig used to make Pork Brawn is the head.
- If you hanker for a taste of the past and have time on your hands, try his take on the old traditional favourite of jellied brawn
Middle English: from Old French braon 'fleshy part of the leg', of Germanic origin; related to German Braten 'roast meat'.