Definition of brawny in English:
adjective (brawnier, brawniest)
Physically strong; muscular.
- Two strong, brawny arms reached down and went under the vampire's back.
- The man facing them was taller than both by a few inches, and had strong, brawny arms.
- Avery looked to see a brawny, muscular man walking their way.
- Example sentences
- He made it very clear that his superhuman brawniness was what he wished his political future to be built on, and the people voted for it.
- The buildings would always hold an admirable brawniness: thick and dark while the night crawlers of all types were sucking down on bottles of booze, rioting in the shadows, or just trying to have a good time.
- A Byzantine chalice, Bible, or wood carving has a kind of heft, a hand-made brawniness.