- The moment of greatest strain at which someone or something gives way: the tense situation reached the breaking point late last week her nerves were stretched to the breaking pointMore example sentences
- I tried to get down as fast as I could, bringing my comfort level past the breaking point.
- That information was then used to identify detainee breaking points.
- I can look back and see my breaking points as well as the points where I started to put myself back together.
More definitions of breaking pointDefinition of breaking point in:
- The British & World English dictionary