- A thin, flat bone running down the center of the chest and connecting the ribs. Also called sternum.More example sentences
- To get to your heart the surgeon makes an incision down the middle of your chest and separates your breastbone.
- The heart is a hollow, muscular organ that lies in the center of the chest under the breastbone.
- All the blood cells are formed in the marrow of the flat bones such as the skull, breastbone and pelvis.
More definitions of breastboneDefinition of breastbone in:
- The British & World English dictionary