verb (past and past participle breastfed)[with object]
- 1(Of a woman) feed (a baby) with milk from the breast: she breastfed her first child [no object]: sometimes it is not possible to breastfeedMore example sentences
- Before and after work, and during the night, a working mother can breastfeed her baby.
- JW reminded himself that in many countries, women breastfeed their children for several years.
- Although Lisa breastfeeds the baby, they have developed a shared process.
- 1.1 [no object] (Of a baby) feed from the breast: the child began to breastfeedMore example sentences
- With some guidance, planning, patience and practice, you and your baby can breastfeed successfully.
- Central to the statement is the recommendation that babies breastfeed exclusively for the first six months.
- The cover of the January-February issue showed an infant breastfeeding.
More definitions of breastfeedDefinition of breastfeed in:
- The British & World English dictionary