- 1A piece of armor covering the chest.More example sentences
- Vests and T-shirts bear prints of Japanese armour breastplates embellished with coloured jewels.
- The man quickly grabbed his arms and the woman stripped his armour breastplate away.
- He wore a breastplate and leg armour, as well as the expensive, linen drapery around his body.
- 2 Judaism In ancient times, a jeweled vestment covering the chest of the Jewish high priest.More example sentences
- The jewelry includes earrings, necklaces, armbands and a breastplate.
- The High Priest's wearing of the breastplate atoned for the Courts mistakes in judgment.
- Somehow this breastplate had the special capacity to help him in rendering important judicial decisions.
- 3A set of straps attached to the front of a saddle, which pass across the horse’s chest and prevent the saddle from slipping backward.More example sentences
- They were so pretty, with those burnished breastplates.
- This breastplate is designed to keep the saddle from sliding backwards while allowing the horse freedom of movement.
- Rear cinch and breastplate are considered required for safety reasons.
- 3.1The strap of a harness covering the chest of a horse.More example sentences
- Horwath pointed out reflectors on the ankles and breastplate of her horse as an example of safety-consciousness among equine caretakers.
More definitions of breastplateDefinition of breastplate in:
- The British & World English dictionary