Definition of breathable in English:
1(Of the air) fit or pleasant to breathe.
- I want to try and get breathable air over there and make sure the med lab hasn't detected anything dangerous.
- Despite the planet's bleak look, our surveyor scouts believe there is breathable air there.
- ‘The air is breathable outside,’ he said and stood up.
1.1(Of clothes or material) admitting air to the skin and allowing sweat to evaporate.
- Made of breathable cotton twill, this cap features a built-in scrunchie for women to neatly hold longer hair in a pony tail.
- In terms of fabric, you want to wear cooler, more breathable suit jackets and pants.
- Wear light colored, breathable clothing such as cotton.
Definition of breathable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan