Definition of breathtaking in English:
Astonishing or awe-inspiring in quality, so as to take one’s breath away: the scene was one of breathtaking beauty
More example sentences
- The setting is a breathtaking reminder of the wondrous beauty of our province.
- As a photographer, I am, of course, touched by the breathtaking beauty of our wildlife.
- Start at the top end of town for the sheer breathtaking spectacle, if nothing else.
- Example sentences
- His early films were breathtakingly beautiful.
- On criminal matters, he's breathtakingly conservative.
- If you enjoyed the original I'm sure you'll enjoy the sequel but don't expect anything breathtakingly different…
Words that rhyme with breathtakingpainstaking
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan