- A man on his wedding day or just before and after the event.More example sentences
- Men give money to a bridegroom on his wedding day to help him meet expenses.
- The Danaides murdered their bridegrooms on their wedding night.
- Suggesting that this is an opera about fidelity, he has made all the characters brides and bridegrooms.
Old English brȳdguma, from brȳd 'bride' + guma 'man' The change in the second syllable was due to association with groom.
More definitions of bridegroomDefinition of bridegroom in:
- The British & World English dictionary