- A girl or woman who accompanies a bride on her wedding day.More example sentences
- The bride would be accompanied by several bridesmaids and the groom had one male, the best man, at his side.
- It is common for couples to have their own children present at their weddings, often as bridesmaids or pageboys.
- The bridesmaids and flower girl each had a single white lily fixed in their hair, to match the bride's bouquet.
late 18th century: alteration of earlier bridemaid.
More definitions of bridesmaidDefinition of bridesmaid in:
- The British & World English dictionary