adjectiveUS • informal
- (Of a person) living in the suburbs and perceived as unsophisticated: clubs catering to the beautiful people and the bridge-and-tunnel crowdsMore example sentences
- He is a bridge-and-tunnel person, from Queens, in New York.
- If this seems like a chauvinistic putdown of the bridge-and-tunnel crowd, you know they're up to far worse.
- A straight bridge-and-tunnel guy unwittingly moves in with a gay man.
1980s: with reference to the routes used for commuting into New York.
More definitions of bridge-and-tunnelDefinition of bridge-and-tunnel in:
- The British & World English dictionary