1The activity of building bridges.
- Earlier in the day, we learned the unit had placed second in a European bridge-building competition.
- On Friday, the university plays host to its annual bridge-building competition.
- These include planting, road-building, and bridge-building, and working in the villages.
- Example sentences
- The world continues to mourn this man, a torch-bearer of peace and a bridge-builder between faiths.
- Turkey was in a position to play the role of bridge-builder between the Occidental and Muslim worlds.
- The future belongs to the bridge-builders, not the wreckers.
Definition of bridge-building in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.