Definition of brine shrimp in English:
A small fairy shrimp that lives in brine pools and salt lakes and is used as food for aquarium fish.
- Artemia salina, class Branchiopoda
- Daphnia are close relatives of the freshwater shrimp, and the brine shrimp (Artemia).
- In another two to three days the young should have graduated to newly hatched brine shrimp.
- His future goals include determining the optimum feeding density of brine shrimp.
Definition of brine shrimp in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia