- Of salty water or the sea; salty: the briny tang of the scallopsMore example sentences
- The technique minimizes water evaporation and allows roots to be fed by normally damaging briny water.
- Caligo had flinched the first time, almost swallowing briny water.
- Cymbals are struck but quickly sink below the briny waters.
noun(the briny) British • informal Back to top
- The sea.More example sentences
- ‘On the briny at last,’ says Anthony, as Christopher pours the drinks.
- Then two of my most trusted officers stage a takeover attempt, and we all end up in the briny.
- We had the briny beside us, a carpet of stars above, and two good friends of ours for company.
More definitions of brinyDefinition of briny in:
- The British & World English dictionary