Definition of briny in English:
Of salty water or the sea; salty: the briny tang of the scallops
More example sentences
- The technique minimizes water evaporation and allows roots to be fed by normally damaging briny water.
- Caligo had flinched the first time, almost swallowing briny water.
- Cymbals are struck but quickly sink below the briny waters.
noun(the briny) British informal Back to top
- ‘On the briny at last,’ says Anthony, as Christopher pours the drinks.
- Then two of my most trusted officers stage a takeover attempt, and we all end up in the briny.
- We had the briny beside us, a carpet of stars above, and two good friends of ours for company.
Words that rhyme with brinyHeine, liny, piny, shiny, spiny, tiny, whiny
Definition of briny in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.