Definition of briny in English:
Of salty water or the sea; salty: the briny tang of the scallops
More example sentences
- The technique minimizes water evaporation and allows roots to be fed by normally damaging briny water.
- Caligo had flinched the first time, almost swallowing briny water.
- Cymbals are struck but quickly sink below the briny waters.
noun(the briny) British informal Back to top
- ‘On the briny at last,’ says Anthony, as Christopher pours the drinks.
- Then two of my most trusted officers stage a takeover attempt, and we all end up in the briny.
- We had the briny beside us, a carpet of stars above, and two good friends of ours for company.
Definition of briny in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan