- A light, sweet yeast bread typically in the form of a small, round roll.More example sentences
- Panettone, stollen, brioche or malted fruit breads are ideal for this.
- Elsewhere prices for brioches, soda breads and rye loaves are spiralling as demand surges.
- Dip the small brioche rounds in the vanilla custard and place in the bottom of the mold, pressing gently to secure.
French, from Norman French brier, synonym of broyer, literally 'split up into very small pieces by pressure;' related to bray2.
More definitions of briocheDefinition of brioche in:
- The British & World English dictionary