- A block of compressed charcoal or coal dust used as fuel.More example sentences
- If you wait too long and the coals have cooled, fuel the fire by adding more briquets.
- The briquettes do not produce a fire hot enough to draw the combustion products up the chimney.
- To us, there would appear to be a big difference between treating sludge and producing a smokeless fuel briquette.
late 19th century: from French, diminutive of brique 'brick'.
More definitions of briquetteDefinition of briquette in:
- The British & World English dictionary