noun (plural same or brislings)
- A sprat, typically one seasoned and smoked in Norway and sold in a can.More example sentences
- So-called sardines from Denmark and Norway, for example, are usually brisling.
- The resultant sprats, seasoned and canned in oil, are sold as ‘brisling’.
- Like brisling, the sild is caught in the Northern Seas when the fish has grown to about 3-1 / 2 inches.
early 20th century: from Norwegian and Danish.
More definitions of brislingDefinition of brisling in:
- The British & World English dictionary