Definition of bristle fern in English:
A filmy fern with hairlike bristles protruding from the spore-containing bodies. Most bristle ferns have delicate fronds and live in damp shady places, chiefly in tropical areas.
- Genus Trichomanes, family Hymenophyllaceae
- Bristle fern demands shaded crevices and grottoes in sandy or acidic rocks.
- In the darkest areas in several gullies, he found the Killarney bristle fern.
- Ferns of interest included the bristle fern.
Definition of bristle fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.